PIANO MATTERS by Lothar Böhm
- Pinelands, Cape Town
- Postal Address:
- 4 Alice’s Ride, Pinelands, 7405,
Cape Town, South Africa
- +27 (0)21 531 0623
- +27 (0)82 938 1134
Lothar Böhm of Piano Matters has been passionate about pianos for well over 25 years.
With the help of Willem Salomon of Babin tradition, he has restored some 50 upright and grand pianos back to active life, be it for entry level youngsters or professionals.
Currently, Lothar is the only person in South Africa that specialises in top of the range, handmade deep button leather piano benches with conventional spindle drives or advanced Glissando gas spring action.
With a new Bechstein (Model A) grand piano in his home, he often invites upcoming pianists for recitals.
He has gained considerable experience by now, be it for valuations, acquisitions, or the difficult task of attending to the emotions in heirloom repairs.
- Appraisals, Sourcing, Restoration,Tuning, and Regulation
- Sales of new and restored upright and grand pianos entry level to concert size
- Manufacture of concert piano benches in deep button leather with standard
spindle drive or Glissando gas spring action.
- Piano recitals on new Bechstein Model A by invitation
Published 7 June 2012